The Disability Resource Coordinator at our American Job Centers in North Central Connecticut is your central point of contact and information for employers and employees with workplace needs. The Coordinator is an excellent resource for virtually any program that is designed to help successfully employ people with disabilities. Contact us at one of our American Job Center locations for more information.
The Disability Resource Coordinator assists employers and jobseekers by:
• Providing consultation with employers on reasonable accommodations
• Identifying community resources targeted to people with disabilities
• Bringing the resources of the American Job Center Network to community events
• Coordinating staff training on disability-related topics
• Coordinating public workshops on disclosure, reasonable accommodations, work incentives, and jobseekers’ rights and responsibilities
• Outreach to in-school and out-of-school youths with disabilities
• Guidance on SSI and SSDI work incentive programs to help jobseekers maintain benefits
Customers have choices in deciding the services and/or training programs that best fit their needs, as well as the organizations that will provide the services.
For more information, please contact Jill Larmett, Disability Resource Coordinator, at 860-899-3446 or email@example.com or visit our website!